New Student Registration
Welcome to Tornillo Independent School District's online student registration. We are excited to have you join the Tornillo ISD family and we look forward to getting to know you.
Let's get started! To enroll your student(s) for the 2020-2021 school year at Tornillo ISD, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Create AccountTo complete the New Student Registration, the parent/guardian must create a PowerSchool Registration account. Click on the link below to open up the registration page. Then click on the Create Account button. To create an account, you will be required to have an e-mail address.
Step 2: Complete and Submit New Student Registration Online FormsFill out all the information requested in the registration forms.
Step 3: Gather the Required Documents for Upload
- Original State Issued Birth Certificate
- Original Social Security Card
- Immunization Record
- Current Utility Bill (electric and water bill preferred)
- Parent’s Driver’s License or I.D.
- Custody Papers or Divorce Decree (if applicable)
- Any previous school withdrawal form, records or report cards
- Proof of income for PK students (last 3 pay stubs or last year’s income tax return)
Pre-Kindergarten Eligibility Requirements:Children who will be 3 years old on or before September 1st AND qualify
by meeting one of the following criteria:
- unable to speak or comprehend the English language; or
- educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program. The child receives SNAP or Medicaid Free/Reduced)
- homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 11302 and 11434,
- have a parent that is on active military duty, or a child of an injured, disabled, or deceased member of the armed forces,
- is, or ever has been in the conservatorship (foster care) of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code.
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as:
a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code;
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
For assistance with the registration process, please contact your child(ren)'s school below.
School Grade Phone Elementary School PK-2 915-765-3150 Intermediate School 3-5 915-765-3350 Junior High School 6-8 915-765-3450 High School 9-12 915-765-3550
Please note the enrollment process will not be complete until this documentation is received by your child’s campus.
Presenting a false record or falsifying records is an offense under Section 37.10, Penal code, and enrollment of the child under false documents subjects the person to liability for tuition or other costs. TEC Sec. 25.002(3)(d).